To work with Connect Direct Data Point, follow below steps:
Step I: Create a New Data Point
- To open and edit an existing data point, refer Opening Data Point.
- To create a new data point, refer Create New Data Point.
Step II: Provide connection details
To connect to Connect Direct data point following details need to be provided in the Properties tab, you can either provide file location details or enable Create Configuration.
1. Provide Client Configuration File Location details
- Client Configuration File Location: Specify the built in configuration file path location located at client side
- Run As User: Specify the client location user details, here the user can connect using password less SSH to the mainframe system.
2. Enable Create Configuration details when configuration file is not available.
Provide the following details in create a configuration file:
- Script Location: Specify the script location of the Connect Direct system
- Host: Specify the hostname or the IP address of the Connect Direct system
- Port: Specify the port associated to the Connect Direct system
- Delay Time: Displays the time delay in seconds (waiting time) from extraction to the load of data and the default is 50 seconds
- Authentication Program Location: Specify the Authentication Program location details and the default is ndmauthc
- Authentication Key File: Specify the key file which is used during authentication and the default key file is keys.client
3. Assign Agent: To assign or change the associated agent click Change. The Change Agent window appears and displays the list of available Agents. From the list, select the required Agent Name.
- If Default agent is assigned to the Project then automatically, the Default agent will be associated with the new Data point created.
- If Default agent is not assigned to the Project then, no agent will be assigned automatically and appropriate agent needs to be assigned to the data point.
- When connecting to the Agent server then, the agent installation user should have appropriate privilege to access the path where Connect Direct will be placed.
- When connecting to the remote server then, the firewall needs to be opened from the Agent server to it and user specified to connect should have appropriate privilege to access the path where Connect Direct will be placed.
Step III: Save the data point
- To save the changes made to the data point, refer Saving Data Point.
- If the changes made to the data point need to be reverted and not saved then, refer Reverting changes in Data Point.
- Once the data point has been created and the changes have been saved then, Close or Unlock the data point so that it is editable by other users. For more information, refer Closing Data Point and Unlocking Data Point.
Step IV: Modify the configured Extract properties
When moving data from one system to another the data is extracted from the source system, moved over the network and loaded into the target system. The SQLs and commands generated during execution of the jobs to extract and load data are generated based on the properties defined for these. The properties associated with the extraction and load of data should depend on the format, performance and variety of the data being moved. These properties vary based on the environment and the type of the system. Diyotta comes with default properties that covers most of the known scenarios.
To modify these properties, refer Editing Extract Properties in Connect Direct Data Point.
- The default values for extract properties can be configured in the Admin module and these properties reflect in the Studio module.
- The extract properties set in data point are by default used in the source and target instance of the data flow and the job flows.
- It is a good practice to set the extract properties as per the company standards in the data point.
- However, if needed any specific property can be overridden in the data flow or job flow.