To maintain data confidentiality when a user opens a data point then by default its in lock mode for others.
In this use case consider User-1 and User-2 as two authorized users.
Scenario I: Warning message
- If User-1 is working on a data point and User-2 also tries to open and work on the same data point, then it is opened in read-only mode, and for confirmation a warning message appears on top of the screen and its vice-versa.
Scenario II: Unlocking a data point (by User-2)
If User-2 is working on a data point, and wants to unlock the same data point for USER-1.
- To unlock a data point, on the Actions menu under More, click Unlock.
- A confirmation message appears and automatically the User-2 is locked and moves to read-only mode.
- The lock/unlock status is updated only after refreshing the details. To update the status, on the Actions menu, click Refresh.
- Upon opening a data point (i.e.unlocking) by authenticated user, by default it changes to read only mode for other users.
- Only single user can edit the data point and for others on top of the screen a warning message appears.
- All the opened data points are unlocked automatically upon navigating to the objects at a different hierarchy.