You can auto create a target instance transform from any transform in the Data Flow. This is useful when the structure is not defined in the target system and the structure corresponds to the output attributes from the final transform. This also creates the data object corresponding to the target instance transform. When the data flow is executed then, the object gets created in the target system. To create target instance transform, follow below steps.
Option I: Select the transform based on which the target instance transform needs to be created. Then under Actions, click Create As Target.
Option II: Select the transform based on which the target instance transform needs to be created. Then, click on the ellipses for specific transform actions, and click Create As Target.
Step II: Create As Target window appears and prompts you to provide the details for the target.
1. In the Create As Target wizard, the Data Platforms tab displays the list of supported database types, select the required Data Platform for the target.
Note: To search for a specific platform, enter the keyword in search bar, and the window displays the search result. Select the required data platform.
2. Upon selecting a data platform, the Data Points tab displays the list of available data points for for the selected Data Platform. Select the data point that needs to be associated with the target instance transform, and the data object, and then click Next.
- If there is any Global project that user has access to, then the Project drop-down will list them. Select the Global project from the list if the data point must be chosen from there. After selection, the canvas displays respective global data points as per the data platform type.
- To search for a specific Data Point, enter the keyword in search bar, and the wizard displays the list of related data points.
- To move back to previous step in wizard, click Back.
- To close the Create As Target window, click Cancel.
3. In General Properties tab, the fields - Target Transform Name, Data Object Name and Group Name are auto populated based on the transform name from which it is created. If required, you can update the values in these fields as per your need, and click Create.
Step III: The target instance transform appears in the canvas, linked to the transform from which it is created and displays the General tab, which provides the basic details of the transform.
Step IV: By default, when the target instance is created using this option, the Create target is checked in the properties tab so that the table gets created in the target system during the job execution. You can modify these field values as needed. For details of fields in properties tab, refer Working with Target Instance Transform.
Step V: Managing attributes in the target instance.
The attributes added in the target instance have same name and compatible data types as in the transform from which it is created. The attributes can be managed by opening the associated data object. The fields displayed in the Target Attributes tab are specific to database type of the data object. For information on fields of specific type of data object, refer Working with Data Object.
The attributes in the target instance are auto mapped to the attributes in the transform from which it's created in Attributes Mapper tab. For details regarding managing attribute mapping in attributes mapper tab, refer Working with Target Instance Transform.