The Splice Machine data object will always be associated to an Splice Machine Data point. For details of creating Splice Machine data point, refer Working with Splice Machine Data Point.
To work with Splice Machine Data Object, follow below steps:
Step I: Edit, create or import an Splice Machine data object
- To open and edit an existing data Object, refer to the page Opening Data Object.
- To create a new data object, refer to the page Creating New Data Object.
- To import directly from database objects, refer to the page Importing Data Object
- To create Splice Machine data object based on data object of another type, refer Creating copy of Data Object as other type.
It is recommended to create data object by importing the structure from the database object.
Step II: Configuring attributes
The Splice Machine Data Object contains following fields. These fields can be edited by clicking on the field and inputting the required value. When importing the structure directly from the database these fields are auto-populated based on the column properties of the database object.
- Attribute: Displays the name of the field as in the database object. This is a text field and name can be defined as needed. It is mandatory that the attribute names in data object exactly match the column names of the database object they are referring.
- Data Type: Displays the datatype associated with the field. This is a list of applicable data types. You can select appropriate type for the field.
- Precision: Displays the precision for the varchar, number and decimal data type. This is a text field and name can be defined as per the data in the file.
- Scale: Displays the scale for the number and decimal data type. This is a text field and name can be defined as per the data in the file.
- Not Null: Displays if the field can have NULL values. This is a checkbox and can be defined as per the data in the file.
- Key Type: Displays if the field is key field. This is a dropdown with values Primary Key and Foreign key. Select one of these if the field is one of these keys.
- Description: Displays any details provided for the field. This is a text field and you can enter any detail as need.
- Following operations are allowed on the database entries: Add, Cut, Copy, Paste, Up, Down, Delete, and Search.
- From the list of attributes, multiple attributes can be selected and we can perform/apply these operations.
- To add a new attribute, click Add. By default a new attribute is populated in the last row. If you want to add an attribute at a specific position then, select the attribute in the position prior to it and click Add.
- To search for a specific attribute, enter the keyword in the search bar, and the page displays the related attributes.
Step III: Configuring properties
The properties tab displays the object level details relevant to extract the data from file.
The grid displays following fields,
Other possible values
|Strict Names||To enable case sensitivity||No||Yes|
- To view specific property details, enter the keyword in the search bar, and the page displays the related properties.
- If there are any special characters or spaces in table name or column names of Data Object then Strict name will be enabled post import. When data object is manually created and if column names or Data Object name has special character or space, then Strict name should be enabled.
Step IV: Save the changes
To save the changes made to the data object, refer Saving Data Object.
- If the changes made to the data object need to be reverted and not saved then, refer Reverting changes in Data Object.
- Once the data object has been created and the changes have been saved then, Close or Unlock the data object so that it is editable by other users. For more information, refer Closing Data Object and Unlocking Data Object.
DDL is generated based on the attributes and their properties in the Attributes tab.
Viewing sample Data:
Displays preview of data from the associated object in the database.
Following options are available in View Data tab:
- By clicking Refresh, the data displayed is reloaded.
- By clicking Export, the displayed records are exported and saved as excel to default download folder in the machine.