To maintain data confidentiality when a user opens a data object then by default its in lock mode for others.
In this use case consider User-1 and User-2 as two authorized users.
Scenario I: Warning message
- If User-1 is working on a data object and User-2 also tries to open and work on the same data object then it is opened in read-only mode and for confirmation a warning message appears on bottom of the screen and its vice-versa.
Scenario II: Unlocking a data object (by User-2)
- To unlock a data object, on the Actions menu, click Unlock.
A confirmation message appears and automatically the User-1 is locked and moves to read-only mode.
- Upon opening a data object (i.e.unlocking) by authenticated user, by default it changes to read only mode for other users.
- Only single user can edit the data object and for others a warning message appears.
- All the opened data objects are unlocked automatically upon navigating the objects to other hierarchy.